Thursday, April 4, 2013

Life Choices



For those of you who don't know me... I'm Jenn...

Mother of two... My son Dylan is 20 and my Daughter Brooke is 15...

They don't realize that they are the entire reason that I continue to challenge myself to change... evolve... do things better not for myself but for them... I was 15 when I got pregnant with Dylan and had him two months after turning 16... I've had to be a grown up for a very long time... some people tell me I'm a very old Soul... I feel I'm an older women in a young women's body. I've had many challenges along the way and have made many mistakes ...actually too many... but we're only human and as long as we learn & grow and look ahead not backwards it all seems to happen for a reason and make sense at some point in the future... My children give me the strength, courage, passion and determination to make our lives the best they can be... sometimes they get frustrated because mom is going full tilt with something else she has found to be passionate about even if it only lasts days, weeks, months or years... we never know what changes we keep and which ones flop but if you don't try to live the Best life you can what's the point of it all?? 



My husband Steve and I are very fortunate... we have been together and have grown up as children and best friends... shared every "First" and hit many bumps along the way... Our relationship is based on friendship and I believe that is the key to any successful marriage... We also make sure that we come first... selfish? the kids grow up and leave the nest... you did promise till death do you part... that's hopefully a very long time with great grand kids... so you better learn to put each other first...

I am the oldest sister of four... there are some age differences... My sister Korinna and I are 18 months apart and then there are 11 years between my sister Tiffany & I and then Kristy and Tiffany are only 14 months apart... They were like a second family for my parents... My sisters were only 2 & 3 when I had my son Dylan... Crazy! I love each one of my sisters very dearly... they each have their uniqueness and special qualities that make them individuals... we are all VERY different but yet in many ways Sooooo much alike... I would move Heaven & Earth for either of them...

My childhood was not one to be envious of... but so many of us really don't have that storybook upbringing... we all have a story right?? It did make me a stronger person... I was able to overcome so much because of it... I'm proud to have made a better life for my family and know that they will have healthy children because of the changes I've made not to continue the dysfunctional upbringing in their lives... That's what life is right?? CHOICES... sometimes you just have to make a choice and most importantly own up to your choices... there is no blame to be placed on someone else...at the end of the day you decide what life Journey you want to lead... no one can make that choice for you!


I'm learning so much about myself lately... I've been struggling with weight gain and fatigue and depression... It was caused by a very large Fibroid and endemetriosis... I had surgery a week and a half ago now... I'm on the road to recovery and balancing out my hormones that this all wreaked Havoc on... They don't know what causes Fibroids but know that it is common for women to have high levels of Estrogen in their system... as we get older (sometimes even in late 20's) we stop producing the hormone Progesterone the is the balancing hormone to Estrogen and that seems to be a growing environment for fibroids and endemetriosis... I have been trying to eliminate Wheat and Gluten from my diet for years... and developing an exercise routine... well I have tried many things quite honestly that I feel I need to get serious about... I'm hoping that by blogging will help me be accountable for my actions and choices... Kinda like an online diary of sorts to express myself without feeling judged as well... make sense??? I went for a walk today and took my camera along in case I got inspired along the way... and got to thinking that I spend so much time on other blogs that have expressed how they have been therapeutic and been able to help them make life changes that the light bulb went off and I said to myself... well duh... you should create your own blog... So here I am an hour later and blogging away... Choices... did I mention how they can change your life... I'm hoping that this blog in the next step in this Wonderful Journey of mine...

Jenn~

No comments:

Post a Comment